Everybody loves a good list.
It’s a great way to consume, digest and remember information.
So, I’ll share some of my top productivity hacks that I adapted from a fellow entrepreneur named Joel Brown.
The reason why I think these are particularly valuable is that we all face the same dilemma of being as efficient and productive as possible with a limited amount of hours and resources in the day.
As we face increasingly more responsibilities, we become more successful.
Some of these hacks can really help squeeze more from less. I’m always looking for tactics and tips to innovate on time management and productivity.
Here are the top 25 productivity hacks, adapted from fellow entrepreneur Joel Brown:
- Avoid commuting to the office
- Learn how to say “No”
- Do the most important task of the day first
- Keep your phone in airplane mode until your first task is done
- Use a set sleep cycle to wake up with energy
- Exercise in the morning
- Be goal-oriented rather than following a to-do list
- Meditate using the Headspace app or other aids
- Use the Pomodoro technique to manage your time
- Start the day off using the 60-60-30 technique for productivity
- Avoid meetings
- Remember the Pareto Principle (80/20 rule)
- Avoid eating big meals during the day
- If it takes less than two minutes, do it now
- Check email twice a day
- Tell people to stop distracting you
- Use background music
- Plan your day the night before
- Make 60-second decisions
- Don’t start the day with distraction
- Make your work environment comfortable
- Stick to your routine
- Wake up early to do your morning routine
- Reward yourself
- Pick a calendar management tool
Which ones do you already do? Which would help you get more done if you started practicing it today?
Pick a new one and let’s get the day started!
“No business can succeed in any great degree without being properly organized.” —James Cash Penney
We all face the same dilemma of being as efficient and productive as possible with a limited amount of hours and resources in the day. As we face increasingly more responsibilities, we become more successful.
Take five things from the list above and act on them for a week, then add some more. Watch how much more productive you feel.
What tips helped you today from the list above?